Are you due for a colon cancer screening? Learn more about colon cancer and a local leader in colon cancer surgery in honor of Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month!
Inspired Health Group providers typically suggest that patients have colorectal cancer screenings beginning at 45 years of age. There are several different screening options that you and your provider can review and determine which option is most appropriate for you. Colonoscopy is the gold standard of care with frequency dependent on risk factors, such as family history, previous exams and results. Without elevated risk factors, having a colonoscopy every 10 years typically recommended. Additional testing options such as Cologuard and Fecal Occult Blood Test (FOBT) are appropriate with frequencies at 3 and 1 year respectively.
Most people are familiar with colonoscopy. Colonoscopy is the gold standard of care with frequency dependent on risk factors, such as family history, previous exams and results. Without elevated risk factors, having a colonoscopy every 10 years typically recommended.
Additional testing options such as the at home test kit, Cologuard, and Fecal Occult Blood Test (FOBT) are appropriate with frequencies at 3 and 1 year respectively.
As always, it is important to talk to your doctor about what testing is right for you!
- Lauren Robinson, Physician Assistant
This a designation that reflects their exceptional ranking for survival rates, number of procedures performed, nurse-to-patient ratio, and proportion of patients able to return home post-surgery and resume normal activities. We are fortunate to have their excellent care in WNY!
"What Sets Us Apart:
- Roswell Park is the only National Cancer Institute (NCI) designated comprehensive cancer center in upstate and Western New York
- Our GI doctors are Nationally recognized experts and serve on the national committees that develop screening guidelines
- Recognized for High Performance in Colon Cancer Surgery
- Our high-volume surgical experience in laparoscopic, robot-assisted, and complex gastrointestinal cancer surgery
- Robotic and laparoscopic approaches for esophagectomy, advanced gastric cancer, and liver and pancreas surgery
- Liver & Pancreas Tumor Center dedicated to multidisciplinary care for hepatopancreatobiliary cancers
- Liver-directed therapies such as microwave ablation, chemoembolism and radioembolism for both destination and bridge-to-transplant therapies
- Endoscopy Center that offers advanced procedures such as endoscopic ultrasound and double balloon enteroscopy
- Patient outcomes that consistently meet or exceed quality end points and national five-year survival data
- Robust portfolio of clinical trials offering the latest"
Talk to your healthcare provider about your risk for colon cancer and colon cancer screenings. Often times, the sooner cancer is detected, the more options a patient has for care.
Our team is ready to help you. Schedule an appointment online today.
3671 Southwestern Blvd.
Suites 101 & 213
Orchard Park, NY 14127-1752
(716) 662-7008 Office
(716) 662-5226 Fax
Open Today 8:00am - 5:00pm
Calls Accepted 8:30am - 4:30pm
View Office Hours by Practitioner